Generally speaking, you might be eligible for naturalization under Section 319(a) associated with Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if your
- Have already been a resident that is permanentGreen Card owner) for at the least 36 months
- Have now been staying in marital union using the exact same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
- Meet all other eligibility demands under this area
In a few situations, partners of U.S. residents used abroad may qualify for naturalization aside from their time as permanent residents. These partners may qualify under part 319(b) associated with INA.
For information associated with spouses of army people, see our people in the Military and their loved ones web page. Additionally for information regarding being a resident that is permanent petitioning for family unit members ukrainian wives, please go to our Green Card or Family websites.
General Eligibility Needs
To qualify for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) associated with the INA, an applicant must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be a permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at the very least 36 months instantly preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Are located in marital union with all the U.S. resident partner, that has been a U.S. resident during every one of such duration, throughout the 36 months straight away preceding the date of filing the applying or over until assessment on the application
- Have lived inside the state, or USCIS region with jurisdiction on the place that is applicant’s of, for at the very least a few months prior to the date of filing the program
- Have actually constant residence in the us as a lawful resident that is permanent at least three years instantly preceding the date of filing the applying
- Live constantly inside the united states of america from the date of application for naturalization through to the period of naturalization
- Be physically present in the usa for at the least 18 months out from the three years instantly preceding the date of filing the program
- Manage to read, compose, and speak English and now have knowledge and an awareness of U.S. […]